One Resolution

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR, friends!
I'm going to keep this year's resolutions simple. This year, my goal is to address the root of all the things I want to change, and watch God change them one by one. 
[source]

I have a confession to make: I don't pray everyday. It just slips my mind and I forget about it sometimes, and I KNOW there's many things wrong with this habit. When I find myself so busy and caught up with life that I forget to pray, I always remember the words of my 8th grade teacher who told our class: "You know your spiritual life is in big trouble when you've stopped praying daily." Ouch. Prayer is so important and so powerful, I need a WHOLE LOT more of it in my life. My main resolution this year  is to wake up each day and be intentional about praying first thing in the morning. I will not leave my house for the day without humbling myself before God, kneeling down and asking for His strength, not mine, to get me through my day. 
“Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” Mother Theresa
Today, January 1, 2013, I place every compartment of my life in the hands of my sweet Jesus for Him to work the will and the way according to His good pleasure. I vow to pray more, spend more time in intimacy with Him, and practice a listening ear to know where He is leading. There are plenty of things in 2013 that are a blur to me. I don't know what will happen, how it'll happen, how we'll get through, but I hold on to that oh so meaning cliche, "I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness and for second chances. I love you

I encourage you today to heed to the advice of Corrie ten Boom, "Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees." If you also think your prayer life is less than what it should be, pray, pray, and pray some more. Just do it. We're in this together and by the grace of God, we will come out prayer warriors at the end of 2013.

With Love,

No comments: