Tales of a Solo Traveler

I'm not much of a storyteller on my blog but I think it's important for you to get to know me better. Two things you may not know about me: 1. I'm clumsy. 2. I'm super forgetful. Why is this relevant? Yesterday we woke up at 3:30AM in order to get dressed and arrive at the Houston airport which is 35 minutes away from where we're living in Baytown. I enter the airport, dragging my cute pink suitcase, ready to check it in and then the airport lady asks me, "Can I see your ID?" "Of course, let me get it!" I said. Ughh NEVERMIND, I left it at home and my flight leaves at 6AM! "Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln! What do I do now?!" "Well, I'm looking at all the flights and the earliest you'll get to Miami is 12:55 AM." But I'll have to spend like 12 hours in Atlanta airport surrounded by thousands upon thousands of people slowly but surely developing some kind of claustrophobia or anxiety disorder. Nightmare! I call Anthony who is still waiting outside "just in case something goes wrong." Yep. When you're married to me, you have to make such provisions. "I'm frantically crying on the phone, apologizing and wondering how in the world he managed to marry such a senseless person." And he was so loving and kind about it, reassuring me that this kind of thing can happen to anybody (although it happens to me more often than most!) I love my husband. 
By the grace and love of my God, the airport lady suddenly said, "oooh girl! I think I got chu  somethin, girl hol up!" She was awesome. A flight that left at 7AM and arrived in FLL at 1:10PM. Perfect! "Sign me up!" I rush out, enter the car, Anthony flies home fulfilling scripture, "those who hope in the Lord will soar on wings like eagles," Oh we soared alright. We got back just in time for me to check-in my bag and arrive at the gate on time for boarding, except the flight was delayed! We ended up leaving an hour later. At this point, I was panicking because the new arrival time gave me less than 15 minutes to haul to the ATL gate in time to make it on that plane! Otherwise, I was stranded. I arrived at ATL, RAN to the gate in this HUGE airport and again, by the grace and love of my God made it while people were already starting to board. 
I cannot even to explain how faithful God is. Despite my lack of trust and certain panic, God had it all under control. It is nothing short of a miracle that I made it at 1:10PM to be reunited with my family. 
God is good, ALL THE TIME! 
 blouse: the limited (sale $3), capri: jones new york via ross ($6) lace shawl thing: hand-me-down, hat: forever 21, flats: rainbow, purse: Glam
My lovely momma and I.

Blessings,

No comments: