Delight in Obedience


"If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable."    
Proverbs 28:9
When I read this in my daily devotional for She Reads Truth, I was splashed in the face by ice-cold water. Wow! God really does delight in our obedience to Him. In His Word, He's outlined the things that make Him smile. You can find them all throughout the Bible, but 10 things He specified as His law. These are the laws that govern God's Kingdom, it's who God is all about. You can find those in Exodus 20 and they are totally applicable to us today. God's law never gets old, and it never ceases to make Him happy. Through this passage, God revealed to my heart that if I want my prayers to be sweet incense to my Lord, they must come from a heart that is wholly devoted to God and seeks to obey Him at all costs. I fail, often. But Lord, please help me to be more obedient to you! Humble my heart, and help me to serve you with all I have.
maxi dress: ross ($11), button-up shirt: GAP thrifted ($5), head scarf: little boutique in Gruene ($8), sandals: aerosoles via tjmaxx ($20), aviators: jessica simpson via ross ($12), purse: tjmaxx, nail polish: sally hansen

Blessings,

No comments: