Life is a Runway: Baby, it's gloomy outside + Style Link-up Fiesta!

It's been a week or so since the sun has risen in Minnesota. I mean, we're not living in darkness, but pretty much! Cold, no sun, dead trees, no flowers, and to top it off the pine trees don't smell like pine! C'mon! I'm a little irritated by the weather, but I can't complain: today was slightly "warmer" than the last week. You know high 30s low 40s? It's funny how your perception of "cold" and "warm" starts to change as the weather starts plummeting in degrees Fahrenheit. 
This Sabbath was fantastic in ever way (minus the gloomy skies)! We had a wonderful youth lesson about James 2 and favoritism. Really great discussion and friendship-building.  Then we enjoyed a challenging message about prioritizing the eternal over the temporary. And we ended our service singing Christmas hymns. Oh yes people, it's that time of the year! I love when December 1st hits me unexpectedly and I realize I'm that much closer to Christmas. Joy to the World! We then surprised our friends Dean & Amber with a wedding gift--a weekend getaway honeymoon! That was fun. And then we had some delicious potluck where in an unexpected twist of events, I got to try Puerto Rican delicacies in Minnesota. Who knew? It was sweet to have a taste of home away from home. We finished our day cheering on our church basketball team! They were the champions! Woo hoo! 

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday!
button-up: banana republic via turnstyle, sweater: mom, skirt: loft, leggings: target, heels: thrifted
I love these people! Can you guess who the happy recipients of the honeymoon were? Yep, the middle guy with an ear to ear grin and his lovely wife! :) 
In this outfit, I was going for cozy, warm, and cute. It was super comfortable, made me feel like myself, and I was warm! The only uncomfortable thing about it were those shoes after standing up for a while. But other than that, I enjoyed wearing this outfit! 
 Follow Lily Among Thorns (It's not a MUST, but it would be sweet!)
 Link-Up a recent outfit post. 
Grab my button from the sidebar and add it to your post so others can join the fiesta as well! 
Visit each other and say hello!
Have a super duper Fun time!
And I'm doing the "Dressember" challenge where I wear a dress/skirt for every day in December. Let's see how this flies!
ModaMama

No comments: