A Divine Romance

The Bible uses the image of a bride and a bridegroom to demonstrate God's love for us. Jesus, the groom, loves His bride, you, with an unconditional love. The Bible is a love letter from Him to you. As you seek Jesus today, think of Him with new eyes, that of a lover towards His beloved. It is a divine romance. 
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. [John 3:16]
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy. [Psalm 30:11] 
I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness. [Jeremiah 3:31] 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." [Jeremiah 29:11]
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. [Romans 5:8] 
As the father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. [John 15:9] 
Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealously is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised. [Song of Solomon 8:6-7]
Because your love is better than life, my lips will praise you. [Psalm 63:3]  
My prayer is that you may be bathed Christ's love for you right now. You are loved, you are cherished, you are precious in His sight. Believe it and embrace it. Seek this divine romance with your redeemer. It's the most beautiful of all loves.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Mila said...

Before I got to the bottom I was just going to say it reminded me of this song ! I adore this song. Thank you for reminding us of His love that is so personal for us!
xoxo Mila