Temple

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body," 
[1 Corinthians 6:19-20]

Did you catch that? Your body is a temple of GOD. In the Old Testament, God's very presence resided inside the temple. It was the most sacred place on earth. Today, the Bible tells us that you and I are his temple. GOD, creator of the world and savior of the world lives inside of YOU. Knowing that God makes his dwelling inside of me leads me to strive to change the way I process what goes in and out of my body, what covers my body, and what goes into my mind. I don't always treat my body right but I pray God helps me to takes care of His temple.  

denim shirt: thrifted, shirt: hand-me-down, belt: forever 21, jeans: marshals, shoes: thrifted BCBG, purse: tjmaxx, brooch: momma's drawers 
My hubby and I went to eat at a Vegan restaurant in Houston as part of our attempts at eating healthier. I'm happy to announce that after watching the documentary Forks over Knives and looking closely at what God's Word desires of me, I have chosen to adopt a whole foods vegan diet. If you think a plant-based diet means eating a bowl of fresh-picked grass, here's what I had for dinner: a falafel patty burger with vegan mayo, sprouts, onions, lettuce, tomato, and a spring salad with a yummy garlicky sauce. It felt so good to eat right. I wasn't bloated and I wasn't hungry. It was perfectly delicious. 
Happy Thursday!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

this outfit is so cute Rubi!!! and i just LOVE your passion for God! xoxo linds

Rubi Ruiz said...

You are so sweet Lindsey! Thank you! :)

Unknown said...

Looking Great Rubi, I'll start checking your blog :)

Rubi Ruiz said...

Thank you Lily! =D Hope all is well with you in Michigan!!!