Come to the Well

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1

This morning, the Lord refreshed my soul and whispered to my ear that He is the only one that can satisfy my thirst for more. My soul ached with fear and worry over the future, my body tired from long nights of studying and activities of daily living, but GOD, you are my GOD. This is a dry and weary land we live in. It is a land that satisfies appetites, fills up homes with unnecessary luxuries, urges you to work, work, work and then begs you to buy more, more, more, but never offers you a fix for an empty, unsatisfied heart. "What does a man get for all the foil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun? All his days his work is pain and grief; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is meaningless." Ecclesiastes 2:22-23 Our efforts, our labors, our long work hours and sleepless nights of homework, those days at the mall or movie nights with friends, everything is meaningless. That is, unless we infuse life with an overdose of Jesus. Like the epinephrine pumped into the veins of a patient in cardiac arrest to infuse them with life, JESUS is the only truth that can infuse purpose and satisfaction into our meaningless existence. Without the ONE, we are simply wanderers in a dry and weary land where there is no water. But there is ONE, the Living Water who can satisfy our souls so that we never thirst again, "but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him wil become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:14 

A well. Jesus is a well with no bottom. Permanent, constant, ever-full. That place where our thirst is quenched and our souls refreshed. Jesus. All.  

O fill it up, fill my cup and let it overflow. Let it overflow with love.


No comments: