Grieving Together

A horrifying tragedy happened yesterday. 20 little ones and 6 teachers were massacred in a heinous act of insanity. My heart breaks for the victims and the families of the victims who will spend Christmas, just 11 days away, without their children, won't see them graduate, get married, or have kids of their own. My heart aches for Adam Lanza who at a tender age of 20 conceived the massacre of 26 innocent people including his mother. I cannot understand it, but my prayers go to his family as well. It's in moments like these where I hear the words of Jesus resonate as he hung crucified, "Father, forgive them for they don't know what they're doing." 
Jesus, come quickly. I don't know how much longer this world can take so much violence, so much death, so many tears from aching hearts.
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4
I am anxiously waiting for this verse to be fulfilled. In the midst of sadness, praise God for hope and for the body of Christ whose come together to grieve with these families. It's truly inspirational to see so much love pouring out from all over the world. Hug your kids tighter from now on and be thankful for every moment spent with loved ones. 

With a broken heart,

No comments: