Differences are beautiful.

Low temperatures in Minnesota today means I bust out even more of my Fall/Winter wardrobe pieces! This dress feels like the perfect winter dress. It's cozy, warm, grey, and modest. And of course I had to pair it with one of my favorite winter hats. I'm totally the Mad Hatter's daughter! I should do a series featuring all my hats because I have quite a collection. Hmm...I think I will! Stay posted! Anyway, today was such a wonderful Sabbath. The sermon today blew my mind; it was incredibly powerful. We're going through a series of the book of Acts, which by the way is one of my favorite books of the Bible. There are so many valuable lessons we can learn and apply from the way the early church started the movement that continues to make history.  
One quote stood out today regarding the way we treat new believers.
"We don't encourage people to go where we haven't been because if they go we'll call them fanatics and if they don't we'll call them liberals." -Pr. Hiner
Perhaps we should check our approach to new believers and our methods for evangelism. We often feel comfortable practicing our faith the way we were taught or grew up, the way our culture works, or the way we feel best, but we must remember that believers exist in all corners of the earth and everyone practices faith differently. This doesn't mean they are wrong and we are right but rather that there is great diversity in the family of God. And that is a beautiful thing. 
dress: calvin klein, coat: guess, shoes: steve madden, tights: target, hat: burlington, purse: jessica simpson

Love,

4 comments:

Natasha Atkerson said...

Love your hat! I saw your hat in the last post, but didn't have time to comment. I always buy hats, and never wear them! But I decided I'd like to wear all my hats this Fall/Winter and wear them at least two times! :)
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Lindsey A. Turner said...

you look adorable! Love that coat!


Lindsey
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

I'm super jealous of your weather! It's still getting up in the 90's over here. I can't complain too much, I get to skip the snow here :) Love the texture and slight pattern on your dress!

twolovebirdswithoutanest.blogspot.com

Beautiful Day said...

Your dress is stunning! I want one just like it! xx