Quiet Times

"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." 
Zephaniah 3:17
Before I knew this verse existed within the pages of the Bible, I heard the worship song "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong. It's an oldie but it takes me back to the moments in my 17-year old self when I was just starting to know the Lord. I was raised a Christian but never really "got it" till much later. It was through abandoning myself in worship that I came to fall in love with my God. It was in those quiet, dark nights, alone in my room, with the lights dimmed and the music playing that I fell on my knees and sought the Lord with all my heart. I wanted to know Him. And I found Him. My life has had its share of ups and downs since my 17-year old self became an 18-year old and then a 19-year old and now a 20-year old, but it has forever been changed. If you've never tried it, do it. Try the pattern of scripture, "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6:6 The times I've spent in secret with my Lord have definitely been some of the most spiritually rewarding times of my life. There's nothing quite like quiet times with Jesus.  

jeans: american eagle, top: gap hand-me-down, Halftee, purse: nine west, sandals: aerosoles, headband: boutique in TX

This outfit is barely blog-worthy but I thought I'd show it anyway. I wore this to a quick stroll with my hubby to the shopping center close to my house. We went to grab a bite to eat and soak in some sunshine before Hurricane Isaac makes his way to Miami. 

Love, 

No comments: