Untold Stories Being Told

Maya Angelou once said, "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." She's right on. I believe stories are meant to be told. Stories are meant to be heard, read, validated, and shared. We grow in our understanding of human experience when we take a moment to listen to another's story. We grow more sensitive to foreign thoughts, emotions, and struggles when we transport our minds to the world of the storyteller, put on their shoes, and start walking their streets. There is a lack of telling, of validating, and of sharing in our culture and our churches. Consequently, we harbor deep pains, shame, remorse, and even hidden joys, because we're afraid. Afraid to be judged, hurt, or ostracized. 

I want you to know that your story is important. It is a part of who you are and who you're becoming. To find healing, your story must be told. I want to give my readers a space to share their stories in a safe, non-judgmental space. Every Wednesday, I want to share a story, your story, on Lily Among Thorns. If you're interested in submitting a story please email me at lilyamongthornsblog@gmail.com. All topics are welcomed because all stories matter. Email me with your thoughts if you want more clarification. Stories will be published anonymously unless you state otherwise. If you'd like me to link your published story back to your blog, let me know and I can do that as well. 

My hope and prayer is that many hearts will find healing through sharing and storytelling. After all, "A human being is nothing but a story with skin around it," as Fred Allen said. I believe God can work all things for good as Romans 8:28 so beautiful reminds us. God is able to use your experiences to bring hope to someone who sees no sun rising. 

I'd like to start publishing stories by February 27th so start writing and e-mailing me with your submissions! In the meantime, if you're excited about this project, grab the button below and share it on your blog so others can know about this project too! 

Lily Among Thorns
 


No comments: